Poorly Located Find Spot record BRD 391 - Bronze looped palstave, near Brandon
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||TL 78 85 (point) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||BRANDON, FOREST HEATH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Bronze looped palstave with shield and rib decoration. Loop broken. Length 13.5 cms, weight 263.75 gms.
Found in 1873 `near Brandon', formerly Prigg then Sir J Evans collection (S1- S4). Late MBA to LBA2. Listed (incorrectly) as OXFAS 1927.2592 by Rowlands (S5).
Formerly recorded as BRD MISC
- <S1> SSF15925 (No record type): Pendleton C, The Distribution of BA metalwork in NW Suffolk, BA dissertation, Nottingham, 1985, numb.
- <S2> SSF15377 (No record type): OXFAS, card 1927-2599.
- <S3> SSF1342 (No record type): BM, National Bronze Implements Catalogue, fig.
- <S4> SSF50070 Museum Record Card: Ipswich Museum. IPSMG card. IPSMG, card Brandon, BA Gen, undated.
- <S5> SSF17816 Bibliographic reference: Rowlands M J. 1976. The Organisation of MBA metalworking. number 918.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
May 21 2020 8:47AM