Monument record BNC 010 - Post Medieval building debris.
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 5224 8463 (101m by 100m)|
|Civil Parish||BENACRE, WAVENEY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Building debris, brick, circa C14 ?, slight rise in marshy ground (S1). Excavation suggested brick making site (S2).
June 2014. Lothingland, Lowestoft and North Suffolk Coast and Heaths National Mapping Programme.
A large possible mound is visible as an earthwork on aerial photographs (S3-S4) in the adjoining field, at approximately TM 5219 8467, and was thought likely to relate to this site.
E. Ford (Norfolk Historic Environment Service), 18th June 2014.
- <S1> SSF50070 Museum Record Card: Ipswich Museum. IPSMG card. IPSMG, card 1955-82, 1955.
- <S2> SSF50042 Bibliographic reference: Suffolk Institute of Archaeology. Proceedings of the Suffolk Institute of Archaeology. 27 (1), Archaeol in Suffolk, 1955, 45.
- <S3> SSX55025 Vertical Aerial Photograph: Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF/540/705 V 5392-5393 09-APR-1952 (EHA).
- <S4> SSX55025 Vertical Aerial Photograph: Vertical Aerial Photograph. OS/80067 V 010-011 10-MAY-1980 (EHA).
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (4)
- Event - Intervention: Excavation (Ref: ) (ESF18772)
- Event - Interpretation: 'Sensitivity to Access' assessment for Natural England Coastal Access project, February 2016. (ESF23524)
- Event - Survey: Site Visit by IPSMG (Ref: IPSMG) (ESF12240)
- Event - Interpretation: TM48SE/58SW. AONB Study Area. NMP National Mapping Programme Project for Lothingland, Greater Lowestoft and North Suffolk Coast and Heaths (Ref: English Heritage Project No. 6642) (ESX22035)
Record last edited
Nov 13 2014 11:08AM