Monument record SUE 072 - Marsh House
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 44265 52582 (66m by 65m)|
|Civil Parish||SUDBOURNE, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
The grounds and ruined remains of Marsh house can be seen on aerial photographs of 1943, centred on circa TM44275259 (S1). The house is marked on the 1st and 2nd edition Ordnance Survey maps of circa 1884 and 1904, but is ruined by 1943 (S2-4). The ruins can clearly be seen on photographs of 1945, but it has been completely destroyed by 1972 (S5).
- <S1> SXS50085 Photograph: USAAF. USAAF Air Photograph. US/7PH/GP/LOC132 5044-5 30-DEC-1943.
- <S2> SXS50088 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1880s. Ordnance Survey 25 inch to 1 mile map, 1st edition. Circa 1884.
- <S3> SXS50094 Map: Ordnance Survey. c 1904. Ordnance Survey 25 inch to 1 mile map, 2nd edition. 25". Cica 1904.
- <S4> SSF50005 Photograph: RAF. Air Photograph. RAF 106G/UK/832 4164-5 23-SEP-1945.
- <S5> SSF50066 Photograph: OS, AP. NMR OS/72057 18-19 24-MAR-1972.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Jan 15 2013 4:53PM