Monument record BOY 028 - A possible Bronze-Age ring ditch of uknown date, visible as a cropmark.
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||TM 38457 47613 (point)|
|Civil Parish||BOYTON, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (5)
- RING DITCH (Early Bronze Age to Roman - 2350 BC to 409 AD)
- ROUND HOUSE (DOMESTIC)? (Early Bronze Age to Late Iron Age - 2350 BC? to 42 AD?)
- ROUND BARROW? (Early Bronze Age to Roman - 2350 BC to 409 AD)
- HUT CIRCLE (Early Bronze Age to Late Iron Age - 2350 BC? to 42 AD?)
- HOUSE (Early Bronze Age to Late Iron Age - 2350 BC? to 42 AD?)
A possible ring ditch of circa 8m diameter is visible as a cropmark on aerial photographs of 1977, centred on circa TM38454761 in Boyton parish. The date of the ring ditch is unknown but it may represent the location of a round house roof drip gully, or the ditch of small Bronze Age round barrow. (S1)
- <S1> SSF50073 Photograph: National Monuments Record. Air Photograph. NMR TM3847/6 04-AUG-1977.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Jun 14 2013 11:44AM