Monument record WLV 040 - The remains of a Post Medieval field system are visible on aerial photographs of Woolverstone parish
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 18148 38169 (838m by 929m)|
|Civil Parish||WOOLVERSTONE, BABERGH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
Parts of a probable Post Medieval field system are visible as soilmarks and cropmarks on aerial photographs taken from 1944 onwards, centred on TM 18053832 in Woolverstone parish. The field boundaries are visible as ditches and banks marking the position of grubbed out hedges. All the boundaries appear to fit well into to the 19th century (S1) and modern pattern of field division, suggesting that they are of late Post Medieval date. (S2-S6)
- <S1> SXS50088 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1880s. Ordnance Survey 25 inch to 1 mile map, 1st edition. circa 1884.
- <S2> SSF50005 Photograph: RAF. Air Photograph. RAF HLA/686 3153-3154 02-MAR-1944.
- <S3> SSF50005 Photograph: RAF. Air Photograph. RAF HLA/686 4156-4157 02-MAR-1944.
- <S4> SSF50005 Photograph: RAF. Air Photograph. RAF 58/699 5070-5071 31-MAY-1951.
- <S5> SSF50066 Photograph: OS, AP. NMR OS/66189 151-152 23-JUL-1966.
- <S6> SSF50025 Photograph: Essex County Council. Air Photograph. NMR TM 1738/40 (EXC 16928/05) 13-JUN-1996.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Oct 21 2004 4:56PM