Monument record EXG 033 - Isolation hospital (Un)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 633 667 (257m by 246m) (Centred on)|
|Civil Parish||NEWMARKET, FOREST HEATH, SUFFOLK|
|Civil Parish||EXNING, FOREST HEATH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (3)
Crop/soilmarks of rectilinear ?field system & ditches on at least two separate alignments (S1).
Also negative cropmarks of square foundations & associated ditches visible on 1956 (S1) and 1981 (R1) APs. Details in (S2).
See also SCCAS Report 99/17 (S3) - area monitored in 1999. No archaeological remains discovered. EXG 074 in adjoining field also covered by this monitoring.
Also IA, Rom, Sax & Med.
- <S1> SSF50031 Photograph: CUCAP. CUCAP aerial photograph. CUCAP, AP RQ 53, January 1956.
- <M1> SSF50031 Photograph: CUCAP. CUCAP aerial photograph. AP: CUCAP RQ 53.
- <R1> SSF50073 Photograph: National Monuments Record. Air Photograph. NMR, APs, TL 6366/4 & 7, July 1981.
- <M2> SSF50072 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Parish file. Parish file: (S2).
- <S2> SSF91 (No record type): Air Photo Services Report, Newmarket Isolation Hospital, R133, October 1997, ill.
- <S3> SSF50036 Unpublished document: Suffolk County Council Archaeologcial Service. Various. SAU, Davidson S, SCCAS Report 99/17, April 1999.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Mar 6 2013 2:27PM