Monument record WBG 017 - Kyson Point brickworks
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 2659 4755 (255m by 147m) (Centred on)|
|Civil Parish||WOODBRIDGE, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (3)
Circa 1988: R J Cox reports & defines on map 2 areas of "brick & tile" - also see WBG 005 (Rom)(S1). Undated but possibly Rom.
Area shown as `brick kiln' on 1838 OS map (S2). Gone by 1927 (S3). Listed in (S4) but no history known.
- <S1> SSF4192 (No record type): Cox R J per SAU (Newman J), map, circa 1988.
- <M1> SSF50072 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Parish file. (S1).
- <S2> SSF12846 (No record type): OS, 1st ed, 1 inch map, 1838.
- <S3> SSF50026 Map: OS. OS Map. OS, 1:2500 map, 1927.
- <S4> SSF31 Article in serial: Dec 1999. Brick Kilns in Suffolk. Suffolk Industrial Archaeology Society Newsletter 24.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Mar 11 2010 6:17PM