Monument record ABK 001 - Poplar Farm (IA)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 174 551 (402m by 402m) (Centred on)|
|Civil Parish||ASHBOCKING, MID SUFFOLK, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Pottery found, and B Brown's work 1947 and 1949 indicated to him an IA settlement; he suggested as reason "a pocket of good pottery clay" ? (S3).
Sherds of ? IA pottery found in ploughsoil (at (see 'Not to be published on web' tab for finder/s and/or findspot/s) ?) in 1965, donor A/C Little, RAF Woodbridge (S1).
1984: Coins found in metal detecting: Iceni silver plated stater ANTED at (see 'Not to be published on web' tab for finder/s and/or findspot/s)
16/9/1984 and bronze CUNOBELIN at (see 'Not to be published on web' tab for finder/s and/or findspot/s)
14/10/1984, coins not seen by SAU (S2).
1996: Metal detected bronze red and yellow enamelled roundel - ?mount. Possibly LIA/ERom. Details and drawing in (S4).
Also Sax, Rom and Med.
- <S1> SSF50070 Index: Ipswich Museum. IPSMG card. IPSMG, card 965-28, 1965.
- <M1> SSF50072 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Parish file. Parish file: (S2)(S4).
- <S2> SSF16497 (No record type): Pounds K and Finbow P (IMDC), finds list and distribution map, 1984.
- <S3> SSF50042 Bibliographic reference: Suffolk Institute of Archaeology. Proceedings of the Suffolk Institute of Archaeology. PSIA, 25, 1950, (2), 206.
- <S4> SSF16456 (No record type): Plummer J (IMDC), per SAU (Plouviez J), find report, August 1996, ill.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Jul 29 2021 3:11PM