Monument record MNL 328 - Kingsway
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 7149 7473 (50m by 50m) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||MILDENHALL, FOREST HEATH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Lime kiln associated with chalkpit (re-used as Victorian cemetery) to W. Shown on 1882 OS map as lime kiln and 1912 OS map as `Old Limekiln' (S1)(S2). Grid reference after (S1)(S2). Area now back gardens of houses fronting Kingsway. Present condition of lime kiln unknown (S4).
A second ?earlier lime kiln (MNL 449) was situated within the chalkpit at circa TL 7143 7471, but has now been covered over (S3).
- <S1> SSF50026 Map: OS. OS Map. OS, 1:2500 map, 1882, SRO (Bury).
- <M1> SSF50072 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Parish file. Parish file: (S3).
- <S2> SSF12681 (No record type): OS, 1:1250 map, 1912, SRO (Bury).
- <S3> SSF20209 (No record type): SAU, Pendleton C, site report, MNL 328, October 1989.
- <S4> SSF21744 (No record type): Suff Indust Archaeol Soc, Newsletter, 20, 1987.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Sep 10 1993 12:00AM