Monument record HNS 012 - Sparkford
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 076 455 (268m by 296m) (Centred on)|
|Civil Parish||HINTLESHAM, BABERGH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
According to a monthly serial on Hintlesham's history written for the church magazine in 1920/1921 by Miss Deane, there was "a good sized village called Sparkford associated with Hintlesham Priory. Also Mr Turner found foundations of houses over sixty years ago (circa 1860) in the `40 acres' which belonged to the Peacocks" (S1)(R1). `40 acres' located on Tithe map to NE of Hintlesham Priory at cited grid reference (S2)(R2).
- <S1> SSF10615 (No record type): Lorford, A.. Lorford Mrs A, letter to SAU, 1990.
- <M1> SSF50072 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Parish file. Parish file: (S1)(S2).
- <R1> SSF7502 (No record type): Hintlesham Church Magazine, 1920/1921.
- <S2> SSF19671 (No record type): SAU, Newman J, January 1991, note & map.
- <R2> SSF7503 Map: 1840. Hintlesham Tithe Map. Hintlesham Tithe Map, circa 1840, SRO.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Aug 11 2016 10:09AM