Monument record SDG 011 - Moat Farm
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 4280 8523 (36m by 42m)|
|Civil Parish||SHADINGFIELD, WAVENEY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (3)
Irregular, roughly square pond containing a rectangular island 8m x 12m. Island shown on 1:2500 map but not on 1:10000 map (S1). Pond lies adjacent to a larger moat around Moat Farm. Possibly a dovecote moat.
December 1996: Both moats silted but small moat very heavily so, possibly linking leet between moats.
April 2000: Scheduled together with adjoining large moat, SDG 003. Details in (S3).
- <M1> SSF44927 (No record type): Moat file:.
- <S1> SSF50026 Map: OS. OS Map. OS, 1:2500 map, TM 4285.
- <S2> SSF19140 (No record type): SAU, Carr R D, site visit, December 1996.
- <M2> SSF50072 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Parish file. Parish file: (S2).
- <M3> SSF50016 Scheduling record: English Heritage. Scheduled Ancient Monument file. (S3).
- <S3> SSF50080 Unpublished document: English Heritage. Scheduling information.
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Mar 3 2009 10:17AM