Monument record SXL 011 - The Parke

Please read our .

Summary

`The Parke' shown and named on a map of 1638 (S1).

Location

Grid reference Centred TL 8092 6318 (579m by 970m) (Centred on)
Map sheet TL86SW
Civil Parish THE SAXHAMS, ST EDMUNDSBURY, SUFFOLK

Map

Type and Period (1)

Full Description

'The Parke' shown and named on a map of 1638 (S1). Southern part of the park has now been incorporated into Ickworth Park (IKW 002). Probably originally based Little Saxham Hall - SXL 001.

Sources/Archives (8)

  • <M1> Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Parish file. Parish file: copy of map in (S1).
  • <S1> (No record type): Gage J, History & Antiquities of Suffolk. Thingoe Hundred, 1838, map facing p 138.
  • <S2> Photograph: Essex County Council. Air Photograph. Essex CC, AP, BW/99/6/9 + 14, 11, 12, January 1999.
  • <S3> Bibliographic reference: Shirley E P,. 1867. English Deer Parks.
  • <S4> Map: OS. OS Map. OS 6" 1958.
  • <S5> Source Unchecked: RCHME?. Various. Field Investigators Comments. F1 GJM 16-AUG-77.
  • <S6> Map: Covell. 1638. Estate Map 1638.
  • <S7> Digital archive: Historic England. National Record Of the Historic Environment.

Finds (0)

Protected Status/Designation

  • None recorded

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (0)

Record last edited

Mar 12 2021 3:28PM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.