Monument record SXL 011 - The Parke
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 8092 6318 (579m by 970m) (Centred on)|
|Civil Parish||THE SAXHAMS, ST EDMUNDSBURY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
'The Parke' shown and named on a map of 1638 (S1). Southern part of the park has now been incorporated into Ickworth Park (IKW 002). Probably originally based Little Saxham Hall - SXL 001.
- <M1> SSF50072 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Parish file. Parish file: copy of map in (S1).
- <S1> SSF6724 (No record type): Gage J, History & Antiquities of Suffolk. Thingoe Hundred, 1838, map facing p 138.
- <S2> SSF50025 Photograph: Essex County Council. Air Photograph. Essex CC, AP, BW/99/6/9 + 14, 11, 12, January 1999.
- <S3> SSF21215 Bibliographic reference: Shirley E P,. 1867. English Deer Parks.
- <S4> SSF50026 Map: OS. OS Map. OS 6" 1958.
- <S5> SSF59830 Source Unchecked: RCHME?. Various. Field Investigators Comments. F1 GJM 16-AUG-77.
- <S6> SSF59983 Map: Covell. 1638. Estate Map 1638.
- <S7> SSF59794 Digital archive: Historic England. National Record Of the Historic Environment.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Mar 12 2021 3:28PM