Monument record HWS 009 - Lytle Parke

Please read our .

Summary

Deer park called the `Lytle Parke' shown and named on a map of circa 1616.

Location

Grid reference Centred TL 8527 6027 (875m by 1180m) (Centred on)
Map sheet TL86SE
Civil Parish HAWSTEAD, ST EDMUNDSBURY, SUFFOLK

Map

Type and Period (1)

Full Description

Deer park (S3) called the `Lytle Parke' shown and named on a map of c.1616 (S1)(S2). For the probable Lodge, see HWS 002.

Sources/Archives (4)

  • <S1> (No record type): Suffolk Record Office, Bury, E8/1/3.
  • <M1> Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Parish file. Parish file: copy of map in (S2).
  • <S2> (No record type): Gage J, History & Antiquities of Suffolk. Thingoe Hundred, 1838, map.
  • <S3> Bibliographic reference: Liddiard, R. (ed). 2007. The Medieval Park: New Perspectives. Hoppitt R, 'Hunting Suffolk's Parks: towards a rfeliable chronology of imparkment'.

Finds (0)

Protected Status/Designation

  • None recorded

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (0)

Record last edited

Jun 27 2018 2:01PM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.