Monument record HWK 001 - Hardwick House
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 851 621 (191m by 116m)|
|Civil Parish||BURY ST EDMUNDS, ST EDMUNDSBURY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Sherd of a bung-hole cistern in Thetford type ware (S1).
For Hardwick House details see OS mapping and 'Lost Country Houses of Suffolk' by WM Roberts.
For associated park see BSE 105.
- <M1> SSF50072 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Parish file. Parish file: notes by JMC.
- <S1> SSF6255 (No record type): Farrer E, Hardwick Manor House, Bury St Edmunds, 1928.
- <S2> SSF6737 (No record type): Gage T, History of Thingoe Hundred, 183.
- <S3> SSF2944 (No record type): Burke and Saville, Country Houses, Pt III, East Anglia.
- <S4> SSF912 (No record type): Auction at Hardwick House, illustrated sales catalogue, 1926.
- <S5> SSF17527 (No record type): Redstone L J, Hardwick House, Bury St Edmunds, PSIA, vol XIV, 267 & 111 (plate facing).
- <S6> SSF50040 Bibliographic reference: Barker, H. R.. 1907. West Suffolk Illustrated. 174-6.
- <S7> SSF50368 Bibliographic reference: Roberts, W.M.. 2010. Lost Country Houses Of Suffolk.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Jul 13 2011 12:59PM