Monument record BLN 002 - Highfield: Harefield: Flint Acre, Market Lane
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 523 982 (100m by 100m)|
|Civil Parish||BLUNDESTON, WAVENEY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Small leaf-shaped arrowhead, 2 fabricators, 6 borers, 8 scrapers, 36 worked flakes, 4 blades, unfinished leaf arrowhead. Retained by finder, P Offord (S1).
Incorrectly cited as Highfield, should have been Harefield. Part of 'Harefield' sold, now Flint Acre. Many further finds, including undated pottery, from site (letter and verbal communication with (see 'Not to be published on web' tab for finder/s and/or findspot/s), May 2004 (S2)). Cited location in S1 & RI ((see 'Not to be published on web' tab for finder/s and/or findspot/s)) incorrect - changed to (see 'Not to be published on web' tab for finder/s and/or findspot/s) (C).
Worked flint scatter - '100s of worked flints- arrowheads, scrapers, borers, fabricators, flakes and cores (also some undated pottery]' found ' over the last 40+ years, on the northern part of the 3.5 acre site, where Flint Acre is built'. Found in higher area to N of house (S2).
- <R1> SSF15296 (No record type): Owles E, PSIA, 32, 1970, 93.
- <S1> SSF50032 Index: OS. OS Card. OS, card TM59NW10.
- <M1> SSF50072 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Parish file. (S2).
- <S2> SSF50039 Unpublished document: Letter. Offord O M, letter to SCCAS (CP), May 2004.
- <S3> SSF50106 Photograph: Air Photographs. NAU, AP, TM5298/ Hxx12 &13.
- <S4> SSF50250 Article in serial: Suffolk Institute of Archaeology and History. Proceedings of the Suffolk Institute of Archaeology and History. 32 1972 282 (E Owles).
- <S5> SSF59794 Digital archive: Historic England. National Record Of the Historic Environment.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Nov 2 2021 5:37PM