Monument record WNT 017 - Dixons Corner, Winston (Prehistoric)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 1761 6260 (79m by 68m) (Centred on)|
|Civil Parish||WINSTON, MID SUFFOLK, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
1994-1999: Scatter of burnt flint and some worked flints, including three unpatinated scrapers, a blue patinated single-platform core, possibly Mesolithic (S1).
Descriptions of flint finds are broad, dating to a specific period bracket is ill-advised. However, they may be Mesolithic to later Prehistoric, based on details of discovery, (S2).
See also Mesolithic, Roman, Saxon & Medieval.
- <S1> SSF20993 Finds Report: Martin E. Various. WNT 017. Savery E, per by SAU (Martin E), finds report, 1994.
- <S1> SSF50072 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Parish file. Parish file: finds report.
- <S2> SSF59348 Personal Correspondence: Cutler, Hannah. 2019. Personal Observations as part of the Enhancement of the Suffolk HER for the Palaeolithic & Mesolithic Periods project.
- FSF19964: BLADE (Star Carr Type Mesolithic to Late Neolithic - 9000 BC? to 2351 BC?)
- FSF51353: SINGLE PLATFORM BLADE CORE (Mesolithic - 9000 BC to 4000 BC)
- FSF51354: OPPOSED PLATFORM BLADE CORE (Mesolithic - 9000 BC to 4000 BC)
- FSF51355: BURNT FLINT (Later Prehistoric - 4000 BC? to 42 AD?)
- FSF51356: SCRAPER (TOOL) (Early Neolithic to Early Bronze Age - 4000 BC? to 1501 BC?)
- FSF51357: SCRAPER (TOOL) (Early Bronze Age - 2350 BC? to 1501 BC?)
- FSF51358: FLAKE (Prehistoric - 1000000 BC? to 42 AD?)
- FSF51359: BLADE (Early Upper Palaeolithic (LRJ) to Early Bronze Age - 42000 BC? to 1501 BC?)
- FSF51360: SCRAPER (TOOL) (Prehistoric - 1000000 BC? to 42 AD?)
- FSF51361: BORER (Prehistoric - 1000000 BC? to 42 AD?)
- FSF51362: KNIFE (Later Prehistoric - 4000 BC? to 42 AD?)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
Record last edited
Jun 30 2020 10:55AM