Monument record SUT 072 - Mathergate
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 2841 4637 (100m by 100m) (Centred on)|
|Civil Parish||SUTTON, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
Three buildings, named as `Mathergate' and held by Mr John Redgrave, shown on William Haiward's map of Sutton, 1629 (S1). Houses have now gone, but the OS 1:10,000 scale map shows a small rectangular enclosure or toft. Name probably relates to the Mather family, who held some of the adjoining land in 1629.
- <S1> SSF21497 (No record type): SRO (1) JAI/54/2: Photocopy of `A description and platte of the town of Sutton ...', W Haiward, 162.
- <M1> SSF50072 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Parish file. Parish file: photocopy of (S1).
- <S2> SSF50025 Photograph: Essex County Council. Air Photograph. CP/97/39/2, July 1997.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Mar 3 2015 11:28AM