Monument record PLY 038 - Earthwork remains of bank and external ditch N of school playing field, surviving to 2.5 feet, from top of bank to bottom of ditch on N side.
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 224 461 (154m by 170m) (Centred on)|
|Civil Parish||KESGRAVE, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
|Civil Parish||PLAYFORD, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Earthwork remains of bank and external ditch N of school playing field, surviving to 2.5 feet, from top of bank to bottom of ditch on N side (S1)(S3). Showing as rectangular wooded enclosure with truncated corners on 1884 &1927 OS maps (S2). S portion now levelled by school playing field.
Has Playford HER code, but NGR locates to just in Kesgrave parish.
- <S1> SSF16476 (No record type): Ponting G & M, The Story of Kesgrave, 1981.
- <M1> SSF50072 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Parish file. Parish file: (S3)(Kegrave).
- <S2> SSF50026 Map: OS. OS Map. OS, 1:2500 map, 1884 & 1927.
- <S3> SSF19994 (No record type): SAU, Newman J, site report, October 1996.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Sep 27 2013 11:27AM