Monument record ASY 006 - "Field No 69", Ashby, (Prehistoric).
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 488 980 (410m by 347m) (Centred on)|
|Civil Parish||SOMERLEYTON, ASHBY AND HERRINGFLEET, WAVENEY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
March 1998: Fieldwalking survey by Lowestoft Archaeological & Local History Society Field Group located variety of finds.
Prehistoric material listed as: eleven secondary flakes, non-descript core tool, two blades, seven scrapers, five trimmer flakes, two multi-platform cores, pointed end from probable beaker dagger. Details in (S1).
Descriptions of finds are broad, dating to a specific period bracket is ill-advised. However, they may be later Prehistoric, based on older version on this record, (S3).
Also see Rom, Sax, Med & PMed.
- <S1> SSF10409 Finds Report: LALHS. 1998. Report of fieldwalk & Pottery & Flint finds record sheets, March 1998. LALHS, Report of fieldwalk & Pottery & Flint finds record sheets, March 1998.
- <S2> SSF50072 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Parish file. (S1).
- <S3> SSF59348 Personal Correspondence: Cutler, Hannah. 2019. Personal Observations as part of the Enhancement of the Suffolk HER for the Palaeolithic & Mesolithic Periods project.
- FSF22953: FLAKE (Later Prehistoric - 4000 BC? to 42 AD?)
- FSF22954: DAGGER (Early Bronze Age - 2350 BC? to 1501 BC?)
- FSF49666: MULTIPLE PLATFORM CORE (Later Prehistoric - 4000 BC? to 42 AD?)
- FSF49667: BLADE (Later Prehistoric - 4000 BC? to 42 AD?)
- FSF49668: CORE REJUVINATION FLAKE = CORE TABLET? (Later Prehistoric - 4000 BC? to 42 AD?)
- FSF49670: CORE TOOL? (Later Prehistoric - 4000 BC? to 42 AD?)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (4)
Related Events/Activities (2)
Record last edited
Dec 4 2019 2:07PM