Monument record EXG 074 - Newmarket Isolation Hospital (Rom)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 63232 66549 (170m by 126m)|
|Civil Parish||NEWMARKET, FOREST HEATH, SUFFOLK|
|Civil Parish||EXNING, FOREST HEATH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (7)
1997 & 1998: Archaeological evaluation and excavation revealed extensive Roman settlement remains. Details in (S1)(S2).
Also Undated cropmarks, IA, Rom, Sax & Med finds in adjoining field - see EXG 033.
- <S1> SSF50056 Unpublished document: Suffolk County Council Archaeological Service evaluation report. SAU, Caruth J, SCCAS Report 97/40, July 1997.
- <M1> SSF50072 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Parish file. (S1)(S2).
- <S2> SSF50028 Excavation archive: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Excavation Report. SAU, Sommers M, SCCAS Report 98/77, 199.
- FSF25909: POTTERY (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FSF25910: ROOF TILE (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FSF25911: FLUE TILE (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FSF25912: HUMAN REMAINS (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FSF25913: POTTERY COLOUR COATED (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FSF25914: COIN (Roman - 337 AD to 341 AD)
- FSF25915: MIRROR (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (3)
Record last edited
Nov 6 2012 2:53PM