Monument record BXF 006 - Fitzgerald Meadow, Boxford, (Mesolithic),
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 9661 4078 (46m by 42m) (Centred on)|
|Civil Parish||BOXFORD, BABERGH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
1980: Half of a flint tranchet axe and a sharpening flake found on ploughed land, (S1).
1986: Blade end of a second flint tranchet axe found, (S2).
See also (S3, S4)
- <S1> SSF10031 (No record type): Jarman, K.. Jarmin K W, per J J Wymer, 1980.
- <S2> SSF10034 Personal Correspondence: Jarman, K.. 1986. Jarmin K W, per J J Wymer, April 1986. Jarmin K W, per J J Wymer, April 1986.
- <S2> SSF50072 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Parish file. Parish file: drawing of second axe..
- <S3> SSF59354 Unpublished document: Billington, L, P.. 2016. Lithic Scatters and Landscape Occupation in the Late Upper Palaeolithic and Mesolithic: A Case Study from Eastern England.. M 896.
- <S4> SSF59353 Digital archive: Jacobi, R.. 2014. Palaeolithic and Mesolithic Lithic Artefact (PaMELA) database. 11334.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (3)
- Event - Interpretation: Enhancement of the Suffolk HER for the Palaeolithic & Mesolithic Periods (ESF26899)
- Event - Intervention: Unsystematic Fieldwalking Survey? Fitzgerald Meadow, Boxford, (Mesolithic), (ESF27162)
- Event - Intervention: Unsystematic Fieldwalking Survey? Fitzgerald Meadow, Boxford, (Mesolithic), (ESF27163)
Record last edited
Dec 23 2019 2:38PM