Monument record ORF 218 - Early maps of Orford and a general description
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||TM 42 50 (point) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||ORFORD, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
For summary of information in Suffolk Record Office see (S1). For early maps of Orford see (R1), (R3) & (R4) and for general description see (R2).
Formerly recorded as ORF MISC
- <S1> SSF50019 Bibliographic reference: Goult W. 1990. A Survey of Suffolk Parish History. Goult W, E Suffolk I-Y, 1990.
- <R1> SSF50094 Bibliographic reference: Miscellaneous Bibliographic reference. Norden J, An ample and trew description of the manors......1600-1601 (SRO I, V5/22/1 and EE5/11/1).
- <R2> SSF50042 Bibliographic reference: Suffolk Institute of Archaeology. Proceedings of the Suffolk Institute of Archaeology. 'The Sandling: III - Orford, 1899, 205-30.
- <R3> SSF50094 Bibliographic reference: Miscellaneous Bibliographic reference. Spurling T jun, 'A survey of an estate in Orford...', 1775, (SRO I, HB 83:988/41).
- <R4> SSF50054 Map: Four maps (of Orford), early C17-C19 (EE5) & map of Orford Battle Area (n/d) (HE10), SRO.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Apr 9 2019 2:08PM