Monument record BGL 024 - "Field F648" Brightwell, (Prehistoric).
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 25387 43826 (178m by 282m)|
|Civil Parish||BRIGHTWELL, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
January 1988: Feildwalking (field F648) uncoveredassorted prehistoric flintwork Details in (S1).
Descriptions of finds are broad, dating to a specific period bracket is ill-advised. However, they may be later Prehistoric, based location and context, (S2).
Note possible Terminal Palaeolithic scraper type, (based on drawing), should be treated as possible, albeit unlikely, (S3).
- --- SSF59348 Personal Correspondence: Cutler, Hannah. 2019. Personal Observations as part of the Enhancement of the Suffolk HER for the Palaeolithic & Mesolithic Periods project.
- <S1> SSF50006 Unpublished document: Suffolk County Council Archaeologcial Service. Site Report. Newman, J., SCCAS. Site report, Jan 1997..
- <S2> SSF50072 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Parish file. S1.
- FSF27783: SCRAPER (TOOL) (Prehistoric - 1000000 BC? to 42 AD?)
- FSF27784: END SCRAPER (Terminal Palaeolithic (Ahrensburgian, Long Blade) - 9700 BC? to 9400 BC?)
- FSF49706: END SCRAPER (Early Upper Palaeolithic (LRJ) to Late Iron Age - 42000 BC? to 42 AD?)
- FSF49707: CORE (Prehistoric - 1000000 BC? to 42 AD?)
- FSF49708: BLADE (Early Upper Palaeolithic (LRJ) to Late Neolithic - 42000 BC? to 2351 BC?)
- FSF49709: FLAKE (Prehistoric - 1000000 BC? to 42 AD?)
- FSF49710: KNIFE (Neolithic - 4000 BC? to 2351 BC?)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (4)
- Related to: Field system/ seires of enclosures of unknown date. (Un) (Monument) (BGL 024)
- Related to: Findspot of one large base sherd of Ipswich ware on site of undated field system/ enclosure. (Sax) (Find Spot) (BGL 024)
- Related to: Medieval artefact scatter of ten sherds of pottery. (Med) (Monument) (BGL 024)
- Related to: Roman artefact scatter of five sherds of pottery. (Rom) (Monument) (BGL 024)
Related Events/Activities (2)
Record last edited
Dec 4 2019 2:29PM