Monument record ERL 112 - RAF Lakenheath housing: Kennedy Street (Un)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 72543 79999 (101m by 100m)|
|Civil Parish||ERISWELL, FOREST HEATH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
A single skeleton was hit by contractors working on building 400 Nato Place, RAF Lakenheath. The skelton is currently undated, but awaiting a C14 result. However it cuts a probable Roman soil layer. The skeleton was of an elderly man suffering from degenerative disease. Details in (S1). Radiocarbon dated to 1935+/-55 BP (GU-10887) (50BC-220AD)(S2).
See also Rom.
- <M1> SSF50072 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Parish file. (S1)(S2).
- <S1> SSF50119 Unpublished document: Atfield, R.. 2008. Monitoring Report Generic. Caruth J, SCCAS 2003/8, January 2002.
- <S2> SSF50036 Unpublished document: Suffolk County Council Archaeologcial Service. Various. SCCAS, Caruth J, No 2003/100, Appendix 7, December 2003.
- FSF28620: ANIMAL REMAINS (Undated)
- FSF28621: POTTERY (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FSF30213: HUMAN REMAINS (Roman - 50 AD to 220 AD) + Sci.Date
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Dec 20 2012 2:08PM