Monument record CHD 017 - Hernehill Farm
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 3597 7781 (35m by 17m)|
|Civil Parish||CHEDISTON, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
On Hernehill Farm, just E of village. Building. Excavated trench (small) investigated one corner, flint foundations. Probing suggests rectangular, size 70 feet x 30 feet, walls 2 feet 6 inches wide. Tile: roofing and box. Pottery: late C1 grey ware bowls, cordoned ' Belgic derived' sherd. C2 samian form 27 and 45. Grey ware mortaria. Oxford (?) mortarium. Cheese press. Colour coat. Bronze: CI brooch, tweezers (S1).
See also CHD 016.
Also Mes & Neo.
- FSF7252: ROOF TILE (Roman - 43 AD to 99 AD)
- FSF7253: FLUE TILE (Roman - 43 AD to 99 AD)
- FSF7254: POTTERY (Roman - 43 AD to 99 AD)
- FSF7255: BROOCH (Roman - 43 AD to 99 AD)
- FSF7256: TWEEZERS (Roman - 43 AD to 99 AD)
- FSF7257: POTTERY SAMIAN (Roman - 43 AD to 99 AD)
- FSF7258: POTTERY COLOUR COATED (Roman - 43 AD to 99 AD)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Jul 2 2018 11:13AM