Find Spot record CAC 083 - Bloodmore Hill. Formerly recorded as CAC Misc
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||TM 520 899 (point) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||CARLTON COLVILLE, WAVENEY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
July 1998: Metal detected silver-gilt three dimensional figurine of bearded male wearing a cap and belted knee-length trousers with suspension loop attached to the cap. Drawing in parish file. Detected from spoil heap, either from formerly excavated area just to N (see CAC 016), or from building site. Declared treasure in 2000 (when only 4 other were known from this country, 2 from Kentish Graves and two unlocated - one from Lincolnshire?) - now in BM. Details and photos in (S1)(S2)(S3)(S4).
Other comparable Suffolk examples come from Tuddenham St Mary (TDM 023), Halesworth (HWT Misc, MSF 24175), Friston (FRS Misc, MSF24176), Sudbury (SUY Misc, MSF24177), Suffolk (SUF Misc, MSF24178) and 'River Deben' (also SUF Misc, MSF ?).
- <S1> SSF50027 Unpublished document: British Museum. Webster L, Object Report 9M & LA T.211), 2000, photos (4).
- <M1> SSF50072 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Parish file. (S1-S2).
- <S2> SSF50039 Unpublished document: Letter. SCCAS, Plouviez J, correspondence, 2000.
- <S3> SSF50278 Bibliographic reference: DCMS. Treasure Annual Report. Webster L in TAR 1998-9, No 103.
- <S4> SSF50278 Bibliographic reference: DCMS. Treasure Annual Report. Webster L in TAR 2000, No 62.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Apr 28 2016 4:38PM