Monument record LKH 004 - Roman Field
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 7283 8298 (405m by 939m)|
|Civil Parish||LAKENHEATH, FOREST HEATH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Polished greenstone axe, 5 and a half inches long, weight 2lbs found within multi-period site LKH 072. Found in or before 1959 by (see 'Not to be published on web' tab for finder/s and/or findspot/s)(S1)(R1)(S2).
For other Neo finds within LKH 072 see LKH 044, leaf arrowhead from (see 'Not to be published on web' tab for finder/s and/or findspot/s).
Same (?) as listed in (S3) and identified petrologically as greenstone.
- <R1> SSF11207 (No record type): MIHLM, 6 inch record map.
- <S1> SSF50032 Index: OS. OS Card. OS, card TL78SW49.
- <M1> SSF50072 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Parish file. Parish file: map (stolen Autumn 1981).
- <S2> SSF50070 Museum Record Card: Ipswich Museum. IPSMG card. IPSMG, card Lakenheath Neolithic, 1959.
- <S3> SSF3809 (No record type): Clough T H McK and Cummins W A, Stone Axe Studies, 2, CBA RR, 68, 182, no. 167.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Feb 12 2009 1:47PM