Monument record COK 081 - Lower Church Farm, Church Lane; Mill Drift

Please read our .

Summary

Site of watermill, in use until 1764 when pulled down.

Location

Grid reference Centred TL 9030 5473 (74m by 47m) (Approximate)
Map sheet TL95SW
Civil Parish COCKFIELD, BABERGH, SUFFOLK

Map

Type and Period (1)

Full Description

Site of watermill, in use until 1764 when pulled down. Part of tenement of Lower Church Farm (S1, S2).
Exact location and details need checking - mapped in HBSMR after Vera Lloyd, village historian (S3).Formerly recorded as COK Misc (revised Jan 2013).
Note: a 'winter mill' was recorded in Cockfield in the Domesday Survey.
For other Cockfield watermills see COK 047 & Misc (Sf22811).

Sources/Archives (3)

  • <S1> Unpublished document: Letter. Llloyd V E, to C Pendleton (SCCAS), Feb 2006.
  • <S2> Bibliographic reference: Miscellaneous Bibliographic reference. Lloyd V E, A Village Pedigree: Cocfield in Suffolk, 2004, 31-2, map.
  • <S3> Cartographic materials: Map. Lloyd V, notated map,April 2008.

Finds (0)

Protected Status/Designation

  • None recorded

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (0)

Record last edited

Jan 9 2013 11:18AM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.