Monument record SNF 005 - Marsh Farm (Neo)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 38 60 (1000m by 1000m) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||STERNFIELD, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Polished flint axe retained by finder. (S1)
Stanley E West reports that the axe was displayed on the mantelpiece at the farm and its exact findspot on the farm is not known (S3). Brown flint, 13.2 x 4.8 x 3.0cms (S4).
Formerly recorded as SNF Misc.
- <R1> SSF50042 Bibliographic reference: Suffolk Institute of Archaeology. Proceedings of the Suffolk Institute of Archaeology. Archaeology in Suffolk 1971, PSIA, 32, 1971, 212.
- <S1> SSF50070 Museum Record Card: Ipswich Museum. IPSMG card. IPSMG, card Sternfield Marsh Farm (parish number 7) Neolithic, 1971.
- <M1> SSF50072 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Parish file. Parish file: (S4).
- <S2> SSF50032 Index: OS. OS Card. OS, card TM36SE6, 1977.
- <S3> SSF18199 (No record type): SAU (West S E), 10 July 1986.
- <S4> SSF22995 (No record type): West S E, E Suffolk record sheet, 1971, sketch.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Jan 4 2017 1:27PM