Monument record SUE 005 - 1960/1961: Bronze stylus, tip broken off, 106mm long (surviving).
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 419 521 (100m by 100m) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||SUDBOURNE, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
1960/1961: Bronze stylus, tip broken off, 106mm long (surviving). Triangular spatulate end chipped & cracked, 11mm wide at broadest. Has a double collar below spatulate end, mid shaft thickening and another double collar just above the facetted tip. Found near church, in tree planting 1960/1961. Probably MSax, C8/C9.
Previously recorded as Rom (S1)(R1)(S2).
- <S1> SSF19599 (No record type): SAU, Newman J, finds ID record, 1991, drawing.
- <R1> SSF50070 Index: Ipswich Museum. IPSMG card. IPSMG, card 968-98, 1968.
- <M1> SSF50072 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Parish file. (S1).
- <S2> SSF20725 (No record type): SAU, slide, CQO 8, June 1991.
- <M2> SSF46124 (No record type): Photograph: slide CQO 8.
- <S3> SSF59794 Digital archive: Historic England. National Record Of the Historic Environment.
- <S4> SSF60034 Personal Correspondence: Various. Oral information, correspondence (not archived) or staff comment. Inf P A Banks Inf P A Banks.
- <S5> SSF50250 Article in serial: Suffolk Institute of Archaeology and History. Proceedings of the Suffolk Institute of Archaeology and History. 31 1968 198 (E Owles and N Smedley).
- FSF21977: STYLUS (Middle Saxon - 650 AD to 849 AD)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Sep 22 2021 2:12PM