Find Spot record ORF 001 - Orford Castle, Orford (Mesolithic)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 418 498 (300m by 281m)|
|Civil Parish||ORFORD, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Pre 1897? Flake, from bailey of castle (S1-S3).
See also Medieval and Undated records.
- <S1> SSF50070 Index: Ipswich Museum. IPSMG card. IPSMG, card 970-97.
- <S2> SSF50032 Index: OS. OS Card. OS, card TM44NW4.
- <S3> SSF59354 Bibliographic reference: Billington, L, P.. 2016. Lithic Scatters and Landscape Occupation in the Late Upper Palaeolithic and Mesolithic: A Case Study from Eastern England.. M 1130.
- <S4> SSF59794 Digital archive: Historic England. National Record Of the Historic Environment.
- <S5> SSF50250 Article in serial: Suffolk Institute of Archaeology and History. Proceedings of the Suffolk Institute of Archaeology and History. vol 32 1970 pg 101.
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (2)
Record last edited
Sep 22 2021 11:38AM