Monument record FLN 063 - Flixton Park Quarry, New Phase 9
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 3046 8651 (127m by 198m)|
|Civil Parish||FLIXTON (NEAR BUNGAY), WAVENEY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (5)
The area excavated as FLN 063 covered an area of approximately 1.4 hectares immediately south of and adjoining FLN 061, to the north, and FLN 062 to the south. The recorded archaeology was limited to a few pits (Early Bronze age, Late Iron Age/Roman date) four ditches and one possible unurned cremation. Two of the ditches were undated and could be related to the Iron Age and Roman field system or the Early Saxon phase to the north-east. The fourth was associated with the pre-Flixton Hall road that followed the line of the extant field boundary separating the areas excavated as FLN 061 and FLN 063 (S1).
- <S1> SSF52351 Unpublished document: Boulter S. 2006. Archaeological Assessment Report, Flixton Park Quarry, assesment 2, Flixton.
- FSF35919: POTTERY BEAKER (Early Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 1501 BC)
- FSF35920: CREMATION (Unknown date)
- FSF35921: POTTERY (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FSF35922: BROOCH (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FSF35923: BUCKLE (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FSF35924: THIMBLE (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FSF35925: STRAP END (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Apr 27 2012 8:52AM