Find Spot record BAW 219 - Bawdsey Cliffs, Bawdsey, (Early Prehistoric).
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 34 38 (1185m by 941m) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||BAWDSEY, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
c. 1948 and c. 1951: Flint Implements. These may be geological rather than natural. Wymer is unspecific as to which items he is referring in (S6).
Possible overlap with BAW 218 and BAW 219.
C. 1939? Tranchet Axe identified, by Jacobi , (S1, S2).
Formerly recorded as BAW MISC
- <S1> SSF50070 Museum Record Card: Ipswich Museum. IPSMG card. IPSMG, card 1951-228, 1951.
- <S2> SSF59353 Digital archive: Jacobi, R.. 2014. Palaeolithic and Mesolithic Lithic Artefact (PaMELA) database. 11313.
- <S3> SSF50070 Museum Record Card: Ipswich Museum. IPSMG card. IPSMG, card 1948-147, 1948.
- <S4> SSF50070 Museum Record Card: Ipswich Museum. IPSMG card. IPSMG, card 1939-172, 1939.
- <S5> SSF16627 Source Unchecked: 1939?. Proc Prehistoric Soc, 5, ill. Proc Prehistoric Soc, 5, ill.
- <S6> SSF50084 Bibliographic reference: Wymer, J.J.. 1985. Palaeolithic Sites of East Anglia. 241.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Nov 11 2019 6:37PM