Monument record GSG 049 - Allwood Green, (Various Parishes)

Please read our .

Summary

Site of a former medieval green

Location

Grid reference Centred TM 0448 7175 (2511m by 1716m)
Map sheet TM07SW
Civil Parish FINNINGHAM, MID SUFFOLK, SUFFOLK
Civil Parish GISLINGHAM, MID SUFFOLK, SUFFOLK
Civil Parish RICKINGHALL INFERIOR, MID SUFFOLK, SUFFOLK
Civil Parish RICKINGHALL SUPERIOR, MID SUFFOLK, SUFFOLK
Civil Parish WALSHAM-LE-WILLOWS, MID SUFFOLK, SUFFOLK

Map

Type and Period (1)

Full Description

Site of a former green visible on Hodskinson's map of 1783 (S1). The Finningham and Gislingham parts of the green were enclosed in 1804 and the Walsham-le-Willows section was enclosed in 1819, (S2).

Sources/Archives (2)

  • <S1> Cartographic materials: Hodskinson, J.. 1783. The County of Suffolk surveyed.
  • <S2> Digital archive: Fletcher, W. Greens Survey Shape File and Text.

Finds (0)

Protected Status/Designation

  • None recorded

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (0)

Record last edited

Dec 14 2020 12:30PM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.