Monument record WRW 086 - Possible mound and surrounding ditch of an unknown date.
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Not recorded|
|Map sheet||Not recorded|
|Civil Parish||WORDWELL, ST EDMUNDSBURY, SUFFOLK|
No mapped location recorded.
Type and Period (11)
- MOUND (Unknown date)
- MOUND (Bronze Age - 2350 BC? to 701 BC?)
- MOUND (20th century - 1900 AD? to 1999 AD?)
- MOUND (IPS: Modern - 1901 AD? to 2050 AD?)
- DITCH (Unknown date)
- DITCH (Bronze Age - 2350 BC? to 701 BC?)
- DITCH (20th century - 1900 AD? to 1999 AD?)
- DITCH (IPS: Modern - 1901 AD? to 2050 AD?)
- BARROW? (Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 701 BC)
- ROUND BARROW? (Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 701 BC)
- MILITARY TRAINING SITE? (Second World War - 1939 AD? to 1945 AD?)
September 2019. Breckland National Mapping Programme.
A possible mound with a surrounding ditch of an unknown date is seen as earthwork on visualised lidar data (S1). The feature consists of a roughly circular mound surrounded by a ditch . The mound measures approximately 12 meters in diameter and the ditch measuring approximately 2 meters in diameter. The function and date of the feature is unknown; however it is possible that this feature may relate to a small Bronze Age barrow, 20th century pre Frist World War military training feature, product of modern forestry or a geological feature. The feature is similar to further possible mounds with surrounding ditches to the east (IKL 368).
J.Powell (Norfolk Historic Environment Service), 09th September 2019.
- <S1> SSF55747 LIDAR Airborne Survey: LIDAR airborne survey. LIDAR Kings Forest Research 0.5m DTM 15-JUL-2015 (BNG Project, FC England, Fugro Geospatial).
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Feb 10 2020 4:33PM