Monument record HXN 005 - Leys Plantation
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 185 753 (128m by 185m)|
|Civil Parish||HOXNE, MID SUFFOLK, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (3)
Fish ponds. Portrayal on 1904 OS map (S1) severely altered by 1984 (S2).
1999: Owner of building 'The Leys' report finding 'tiny red bricks' when digging down (close to the house?) following flooding (S3).
24.4.2002: Scheduled as fishponds and possible lodge. Details in (S4).
- <S1> SSF50026 Map: OS. OS Map. OS, 1:2500 map, XXVI.13, 1904.
- <R1> SSF50032 Index: OS. OS Card. OS, card TM17NE14.
- <S2> SSF12502 (No record type): OS, 1:10,000 map, TM 17 NE, 1984.
- <S3> SSF50082 Verbal communication: Personal communication. Unnamed caller (telephone) per SAU (CP), August 1999.
- <S4> SSF50016 Scheduling record: English Heritage. Scheduled Ancient Monument file.
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Feb 7 2011 2:46PM