Monument record SUS 003 - Stuston Common
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 1347 7875 (51m by 50m)|
|Civil Parish||STUSTON, MID SUFFOLK, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (3)
Building, coins, pottery etc (S2).
Flint foundations of a building 11 feet 6 inches square found 18 inches below the surface. Central flint hearth. Occupation debris within hut in 6 inches of loamy sand.
Coins: Claudius I, Titus, M Aurelius, Philip I, Volusian, Victorinus, Tetricus.Bronze model axe (illustrated but not mentioned in text). Description of site and finds in Basil Brown archive (S1).
See also SUS 010 CRN 03940.
Formerly recorded as at TM 1342 7874 but clearly marked on B Brown map at TM 1347 7875 (S1).
- <S1> SSF50035 Unpublished document: Basil Brown. Basil Brown Archive. Brown B, XXXVII, 15; XLI, 1,5; LXX, 1,2; XCIII, between 42/43, XCVII, 90; XCVIII, 37,41; map 28.
- <M1> SSF50072 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Parish file. Parish file: xerox of (R1).
- <R1> SSF6738 (No record type): Gale C H, Roman remains in Scole, PSIA, 22, 1936, 263.
- <R2> SSF50032 Index: OS. OS Card. OS, card TM17NW3,.
- <M2> SSF50035 Unpublished document: Basil Brown. Basil Brown Archive. Basil Brown archive: volumes, map.
- <S2> SSF50070 Index: Ipswich Museum. IPSMG card. IPSMG, card 962-177, 1962.
- <S3> SSF59794 Digital archive: Historic England. National Record Of the Historic Environment.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Jun 17 2021 10:15AM