Monument record EYE 011 - Small Medieval rectangular moat.
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 1532 7270 (56m by 45m)|
|Civil Parish||EYE, MID SUFFOLK, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Small rectangular moat (S1).
Moat shown on a C20 tracing of a map of 1626 as covered with small trees (? orchard), no building, bridge across the moat on the north side (S2)(S3). Moat still wet but silted, interior covered with trees (S4). Also shown on an estate map of 1726 (S5). See also EYE 012. March 2001: scheduled (56)
- <S1> SSF11414 (No record type): Moat files.
- <M1> SSF50072 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Parish file. Parish file: tracing of part of S5..
- <S2> SSF21906 (No record type): Suffolk Record Office, Ipswich, HD78: 2671 Eye. Reproduced in (S3).
- <S3> SSF5585 (No record type): Easton T & Martin E, Cranley Hall, PSIA 37 pt 4, 1992, 395-8 (figs).
- <S4> SSF21271 (No record type): Site visit, E Martin, 1991.
- <S5> SSF21905 (No record type): Suffolk Record Office, Ipswich, HD68/484/753.
- <s6> SSF50016 Scheduling record: English Heritage. Scheduled Ancient Monument file. English Heritage: Scheduling Information.
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
Record last edited
Mar 5 2015 3:09PM