Monument record BLN 089 - Lord Somerleyton's field No. 13, Blundeston, (Prehistoric).
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 5088 9657 (514m by 415m)|
|Civil Parish||BLUNDESTON, WAVENEY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
1999: Field walking survey of Lord Somerleyton's Field No. 13 (Feb 1999) found some 50+ flints, and other med-post med finds. Details in (S1).
Descriptions of finds are broad, dating to a specific period bracket is ill-advised. However, they may be later Prehistoric, based on older version on this record, (S2).
Formerly recorded as BLN MISC
See also Medieval-Post Medieval record.
- <S1> SSF50072 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Parish file.
- <S1> SSF59411 Finds Report: Durbridge, P. 1999. Durbridge, P per Woodhouse, C SCCAS 01/08/99.
- <S2> SSF59348 Personal Correspondence: Cutler, Hannah. 2019. Personal Observations as part of the Enhancement of the Suffolk HER for the Palaeolithic & Mesolithic Periods project.
- FSF27585: FLAKE (Prehistoric - 1000000 BC? to 42 AD?)
- FSF27586: CORE AXEHEAD (Early Neolithic to Early Bronze Age - 4000 BC to 1501 BC)
- FSF49912: SCRAPER (TOOL) (Prehistoric - 1000000 BC? to 42 AD?)
- FSF49913: MULTIPLE PLATFORM CORE (Prehistoric - 1000000 BC? to 42 AD?)
- FSF49914: BLADE? (Upper Palaeolithic - 42000 BC? to 9400 BC?)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
Record last edited
Dec 10 2019 11:13AM