Monument record CRM 001 - Woolard's Pit (IA)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 094 560 (101m by 100m)|
|Civil Parish||CREETING ST MARY, MID SUFFOLK, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Rim and shoulder of `Halstatt' pot - West Harling group (S1) of LBA/EIA date from `Woolard's pits'. Clarke in 1939 (R2) claims it contained a cremation but the original card and documentation makes no mention of human bones or cremation (although a later addition to the index card probably following Clarke's publication(?) has added `found with bones'). Either Clarke made a presumption, gathered additional information, or confused this with the (possible) cremation in the collared urn 1929-176 (see BA).
Iron spearhead (S2).
See also Neo, BA, Un & Rom.
- <R1> SSF4878 (No record type): Cunliffe, Ant J, 48, 1968, 176.
- <S1> SSF50070 Museum Record Card: Ipswich Museum. IPSMG card. IPSMG, card 1929-198, 1929, ill.
- <M1> SSF50072 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Parish file. Parish file: copy (S1).
- <R2> SSF3704 (No record type): Clarke, `IA' Arch J, 1939, 19, 36.
- <S2> SSF50070 Museum Record Card: Ipswich Museum. IPSMG card. IPSMG, card 1931-232-4, 1931.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
May 12 2010 4:08PM