Monument record CLY 007 - Church of St Peter (Med)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 1372 4983 (52m by 81m)|
|Civil Parish||CLAYDON, MID SUFFOLK, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
St Peter's Church. There are no recorded Domesday churches for the parish of Claydon, but it is thought to be included in the 'a half and three part' churches documented for the parish of Akenham (S3).
Anglo-Saxon nave. W tower, transepts and chancel all Med (S1)(R1). For photos of long and short work quoins see (S2).
- <R1> SSF22015 (No record type): Taylor H M & Taylor J, AS Architecture, 1, 1965, 159.
- <S1> SSF50032 Index: OS. OS Card. OS, card TM14NW36.
- <M1> SSF50072 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Parish file. Parish file: (S2).
- <S2> SSF18187 (No record type): SAU (Wade K), photos (3).
- <S3> SSF50087 Bibliographic reference: Dymond D and Martin E. 1999. An Historical Atlas of Suffolk (revised edition). Scarfe N, Domesday Churches.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Aug 22 2006 10:23AM