Monument record SPT 002 - AWA Sewage Works (Neo)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 129 445 (71m by 103m)|
|Civil Parish||SPROUGHTON, BABERGH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (3)
Flint flakes found in rubbish pit on site of sewage station. Subsequent observations when trench cut across field showed several pits with flints and Neolithic pottery (S1).
Trenching for a sewage system exposed pits with flints of both Mesolithic and Neolithic type and Beaker pottery (S2).
Pottery consists of 13 sherds, including 6 with plain vertical cordons in the Durrington Walls style of Grooved Ware (S3).
Also Mes & BA.
- <R1> SSF16519 (No record type): PPS/25/1959/275.
- <S1> SSF50070 Index: Ipswich Museum. IPSMG card. IPSMG, card 1958-123.
- <M1> SSF50072 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Parish file. Parish file: letter.
- <S2> SSF21305 (No record type): Smedley N and Owles E, Archaeol in Suff 1958, PSIA, 27, 1958, (1), 95.
- <S3> SSF10610 (No record type): Longworth, I.H.. Longworth I H, letter to F Healy, 1987.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Jun 2 2021 11:18AM