Monument record WHR 021 - Bucklesham to Alton Water pipeline (Un)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 153 401 (439m by 587m) (Centred on)|
|Civil Parish||WHERSTEAD, BABERGH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Two curving double-ditched trackway, slightly irregular outline (S1)(S2). N of WHR 019, E of WHR 020. For trial excavations of northern ditches - see IA.
June 1991: retouched flake or large leaf arrowhead/small laurel leaf found during watching brief for Bucklesham - Alton Water pipeline at TM 1524 4015 (S3).
- <S1> SSF50073 Photograph: National Monuments Record. Air Photograph. NMR, APs 1/228, 1/230.
- <M1> SSF50073 Photograph: National Monuments Record. Air Photograph. APs: SAU AGM 22, NMR 1/228, 1/230.
- <S2> SSF18531 (No record type): SAU, AP AGM 022.
- <M2> SSF50072 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Parish file. Parish file: (S3).
- <S3> SSF20031 (No record type): SAU, Newman J, site report, WHR 021, June 1991, section drawings.
- FSF12957: LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Undated)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Feb 25 1992 12:00AM