Find Spot record IPS 009 - Dales Road, Ipswich, (IAS 8003), (Palaeolithic).
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||TM 1529 4618 (point)|
|Civil Parish||IPSWICH, IPSWICH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
1914: Upper Palaeolithic implements. Also "Neolithic timber and wattle shelter". (S1, S2).
It is assumed that the Upper Palaeolithic implements mentioned are the tanged points mentioned by Jacobi (S3) and Billington (S4).
- <S1> SSF55934 Index: Suffolk County Council Archaeological Service. 1974. Ipswich Archaeological Survey Card Index (digital version).. IAS 8003.
- <S2> SSF50068 Index: Suffolk Archaeology Unit. 1974. SAU index card and Archive. IAS 8003.
- <S3> SSF59353 Digital archive: Jacobi, R.. 2014. Palaeolithic and Mesolithic Lithic Artefact (PaMELA) database. 816?.
- <S4> SSF59354 Bibliographic reference: Billington, L, P.. 2016. Lithic Scatters and Landscape Occupation in the Late Upper Palaeolithic and Mesolithic: A Case Study from Eastern England.. P 202.
- <S5> SSF59794 Digital archive: Historic England. National Record Of the Historic Environment.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (2)
Record last edited
May 5 2021 11:35AM