Monument record HNS 001 - Moat Farm; Claydons
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 0775 4185 (105m by 119m)|
|Civil Parish||HINTLESHAM, BABERGH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Moat, rectangular, complete, wet, spur on NE corner, unoccupied. Circa 130m from parish boundary, 1,870m from church. Shown on 1595 map as rectangular moat with entrance to NE with building in centre, named `Tenement Claydons' (R1).
5 January 2001: Scheduled, details in (S3).
- <R1> SSF23356 (No record type): Wright T, survey of Hintlesham for Nicholas Timperley IV, 1595.
- <S1> SSF50032 Index: OS. OS Card. OS, card TM04SE3.
- <M1> SSF50072 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Parish file. Parish file: copy (R3).
- <M2> SSF50016 Scheduling record: English Heritage. Scheduled Ancient Monument file. (S3).
- <S2> SSF54455 Bibliographic reference: 1911. VCH Suffolk 1. 611.
- <S3> SSF50080 Unpublished document: English Heritage. Scheduling information.
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Oct 9 2007 2:35PM