Monument record SKT 011 - Cedars Field Moated Site, Stowmarket, medieval (Med)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 060 576 (279m by 337m) (Centred on)|
|Civil Parish||STOWMARKET, MID SUFFOLK, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (6)
Moat, square, in SW corner of larger square `outer' moat.
June - October 1980: Excavation of inner moated area. Two clay-floored building areas within the moated area, one with a hearth. Pottery C13. Details in (S1)(S4)(S5).
See also Preh.
- <S1> SSF20891 (No record type): SAU, Wade K, Stowmarket Moated Site: A Summary, ms, 1980.
- <M1> SSF50072 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Parish file. (S1).
- <S2> SSF13109 (No record type): OS, AP, 93 335 070, June 1993.
- <M2> SSF43239 (No record type): Excavation archive: (Ipswich).
- <S3> SSF50042 Bibliographic reference: Suffolk Institute of Archaeology. Proceedings of the Suffolk Institute of Archaeology. PSIA, 35, 1981, 79.
- <S4> SSF50036 Unpublished document: Suffolk County Council Archaeologcial Service. Various. SAU, Report 99/50.
- <S5> SSF50250 Article in serial: Suffolk Institute of Archaeology and History. Proceedings of the Suffolk Institute of Archaeology and History. PSIAH 35 (1), 1981, p79.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Oct 27 2012 8:57AM