Monument record LMD 009 - "Stoneylands" (Rom)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 859 454 (100m by 100m)|
|Civil Parish||LONG MELFORD, BABERGH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
Coins, glass vessel. Burials. Found W of street, close to river. (Probably reference to LMD 012.)
Basil Brown comments that there are drawings of two vases of brown buff ware, wide mouthed and low, amongst the SIA Fitch Collection, volume 25. One vase also figured on a chart in the Layard Collection (S1). Coins recorded from Stoneyland (S2)(R4).
See also LMD 012.
- <R1> SSF50032 Index: OS. OS Card. OS, card TL84NE12.
- <S1> SSF50035 Unpublished document: Basil Brown. Basil Brown Archive. Brown B, XL, 41; XCVI, 200.
- <M1> SSF50072 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Parish file. Parish file: photocopy (R2).
- <M2> SSF50035 Unpublished document: Basil Brown. Basil Brown Archive. Basil Brown archive: volumes.
- <S2> SSF50070 Index: Ipswich Museum. IPSMG card. IPSMG, card Roman, undated.
- <R2> SSF677 (No record type): Archaeologia 1831, 23, 394.
- <R3> SSF54455 Bibliographic reference: 1911. Victoria County History, Suffolk (VCH). 312-313.
- <R4> SSF50042 Bibliographic reference: Suffolk Institute of Archaeology. Proceedings of the Suffolk Institute of Archaeology. PSIA, 2, 96, 97, 223.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Mar 11 2021 1:41AM