Monument record CLA 012 - Rectangular enclosure of unknown date. (Un)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 7822 4520 (488m by 269m) (Centred on)|
|Civil Parish||CLARE, ST EDMUNDSBURY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Rectangular enclosure, entrance E side, traces of internal features. Field walked - no significant finds (S1)(S3). For metal detector finds see BA, IA, Rom & Med.
Rectangular enclosure a little to the SW of enclosure CLA 004, with some rectilinear field boundaries around and crossing it. Approximately 120 x 70m. Parts of another smaller enclosure within (S2)(S4).
- <S1> SSF18161 (No record type): SAU (Plouviez J), SMR card.
- <M1> SSF50031 Photograph: CUCAP. CUCAP aerial photograph. APs: SAU ADA 08, ADC 17, AGI 24,25, AJF 18,19; ECC 168/33,34; CUCAP BJS 41.
- <S2> SSF18730 (No record type): SAU, APs ADA 08, ADC 17, AGI 24,25, AJF 18,19.
- <M2> SSF50072 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Parish file.
- <S3> SSF9973 (No record type): J Haverhill Dist Archaeol Group, 3, 1984, (3), 166-167, fig 45.
- <S4> SSF50025 Photograph: Essex County Council. Air Photograph. Essex CC, APs 168/33, 34, 1989.
- <S5> SSF50031 Photograph: CUCAP. CUCAP aerial photograph. CUCAP, AP BJS 41, 15 July 1972.
- <S6> SSF58519 Unpublished document: Martin, E.. 1976. Prehistoric Crop-Mark Sites in Suffolk.
- <S7> SSF58525 Unpublished document: Martin, E. A. and Plouviez, J.. 1978. Prehistoric and Roman Cropmark Sites in Suffolk.
- FSF18939: UNIDENTIFIED OBJECT (Undated)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
May 3 2018 3:56PM