Monument record PSG 003 - St Mary's Church
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 7696 4817 (72m by 58m)|
|Civil Parish||POSLINGFORD, ST EDMUNDSBURY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
St Mary's Church (Vicarage).
Norman nave; late C13 chancel and W tower; Perpendicular S porch. Domesday Book: Lands of Ralph Baignard: Poslingewrda - a church with 40 acres (S1). Further details in (S2)(S3). Heavily restored 1882-1883. Drawings of pre & post restoration in parish file (S4).
August 1991: Examination of re-used C13 (Early English) stone window/door jambs built into quoins of SE tower buttress. Details in (S5).
- <M1> SSF50072 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Parish file. Parish file: copy (S4).
- <S1> SSF54455 Bibliographic reference: 1911. Victoria County History, Suffolk (VCH). 550.
- <S2> SSF10041 (No record type): Jarvis, H.. Jarvis Rev H, `Poslingford Church', PSIA, 8, 1893, (2), 241-256, ill.
- <S3> SSF16083 Bibliographic reference: Pevsner N & Radcliffe E. 1974. The Buildings of England: Suffolk. 396.
- <S4> SSF3997 (No record type): Colpoys A A G, `Drawings of Poslingford Church, Suffolk', circa 1880.
- <S5> SSF19084 (No record type): SAU, Carr R D, field report, letter & drawings, August 1991.
- <S6> SSF59794 Digital archive: Historic England. National Record Of the Historic Environment.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Oct 12 2021 11:45AM