Monument record CHD 032 - Kents Close, Chediston, (Mesolithic)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 3530 7755 (147m by 66m) (Centred on)|
|Civil Parish||CHEDISTON, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
1978-1986? Scatter of flintwork beside a stream, including a tranchet axe, a chisel arrowhead, a borer, two broken rod microliths, three prismatic cores and several waste flakes (S1,S2).
Patinated scraper from the stream bed (S3).
See also Neolithic, Undated & Iron Age records.
Tranvserse arrowheads would usually be identified as Neolithic, it is possible the identification refers to a trapezoidal microtranchet microlith, (S7).
- --- SSF50072 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Parish file. Parish file: drawing of axe, finds reports.
- <S1> SSF2964 Finds Report: Burroughes G,. CHD 032. Burroughes G, 1978, 1985 & 1986.
- <S2> SSF55347 Article in serial: Martin, E.A., Plouviez, J. & Feldman, H.. 1985. Archaeology in Suffolk 1984. XXXVI (1).
- <S3> SSF2967 Finds Report: Burroughes G,. 1990. Burroughes G, 1990. Burroughes G, 1990.
- <S4> SSF45250 Photograph: Photograph: AVZ 6-7. Photograph: AVZ 6-7.
- <S5> SSF59354 Unpublished document: Billington, L, P.. 2016. Lithic Scatters and Landscape Occupation in the Late Upper Palaeolithic and Mesolithic: A Case Study from Eastern England.. M 932.
- <S6> SSF59353 Digital archive: Jacobi, R.. 2014. Palaeolithic and Mesolithic Lithic Artefact (PaMELA) database. 11306.
- FSF20699: TRANCHET AXEHEAD (Mesolithic - 9000 BC to 4000 BC)
- FSF20700: MICRO TRANCHET MICROLITH? (Younger Dryas to Late Mesolithic - 10000 BC? to 4001 BC?)
- FSF20701: TRAPEZE MICROLITH (Early Mesolithic - 9000 BC? to 8000 BC?)
- FSF20702: BLADE (Mesolithic - 9000 BC to 4000 BC)
- FSF50098: BORER (Mesolithic - 9000 BC to 4000 BC)
- FSF50099: ROD MICROLITH (Late Mesolithic - 7000 BC? to 4000 BC?)
- FSF50100: FLAKE (Mesolithic - 9000 BC to 4000 BC)
- FSF50101: SCRAPER (TOOL) (Mesolithic - 9000 BC to 4000 BC)
- FSF50102: CONICAL BLADE CORE (Mesolithic - 9000 BC to 4000 BC)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (2)
Record last edited
Jan 17 2020 11:26AM